7 THINGS I HATE ABOUT BLOGGER TWITTERATIS

Don't get me wrong twitter is possibly my favorite social platform at the moment. 

However in the blogging sphere of twitter there are things I cannot stand.

Some definitions-
Twitteratis- my word to describe a twitter user. 
RT- Retweet.
DMS- Private messages.


Well part of blogger twitteratis operate under the following behaviours which I cannot condone.

1. They ask you to follow them in the DMS, but will not follow you back. There are instances where they leure you in a false sense of security and follow you, to then within the same day will end up unfollowing you just to get their followers up.

2. Once you have followed eachother they will start to send what I define as copy paste private messages asking you to follow them on all their other social media. 

3. They will operate on a follow for follow basis will never go out of their way to just follow you to enjoy your content. 

4. They will even go as far as asking you to RT their media, when they don't RT yours. They are so smart because by asking you they put you in the awkward situation where you feel forced to RT their media.  But my question is don't you want people to just like your media and not have them to feel forced to like or retweet it.

5. Even if they folow you they will not go out of their way to read your posts. ie. I have 200 follower and only 13 people have clicked to read my post today which I posted today. 

6. Even if you are one of the few reading and commenting their blog or twitter they may unfollow you as they want their numbers up without having to follow you.

7. They may follow you but most will not engage with you they will just keep you as a follower just for you to make the effort of engaging with them. ie. Out of 200 followers a max of 4 people will engage with each of my tweets. 



Comments