MY THOUGHTS ON DATING

I belive that dating is overrated. Long before I found my husband I was what many would consider a serial dater.  Yes! I repeat
A serial dater
I was so excited to go on dates. I was looking for the one. 

No one fit the brief.  There was always something that would make me lose interest in them. 

It's only today that I figured out why. I always seemed to settle for the first man who would give me attention and their time.  Not actually focusing on what I wanted or what I deserved. 

I remember my first date I may have been 18 years old.  He was dark,tall and handsome. He was the new guy in our friendship group. He seemed to be a bit of an outlaw.  Driving without a licence his parents slk with a broken foot.

This was the first guy who gave me attention.

We went to the beach and this was the first date.  In the middle of the beach with no one there he professed his love for me. Hilarious coming to think about it now. He'd seen me twice and he loved me??

I was very naive. I totally believed him. The summer went great he went as far as getting me an engagement ring. 

It was only with time that I realised he was a toxic individual! He would sleep with all my friends as I wouldn't with him.  

As I look back now.  I can see that I just settled for the first guy who came along and showed some interest.

I remember being at university and seeing with the distance that he would not fit in my life.  I wanted a degree and a career, he just wanted to live off his parents money.

It was short after that another guy showed interest in me.  He was so handsome and we had the same interests.   I couldn't even believe he had actually contacted me as I believed he had a long term girlfriend. 

This was possibly the most handsome man I had ever been approached by. 

We went on a date. It wasn't awkward at all.  We daTed for several months. 

He was such a gentleman never once pressured me into intimite relations. 

I remember on a Sunday he told me would leave because his grandmother was sick which was extremely sad. Little did I know on a Wednesday I received a call from a female claiming she was his girlfriend for the last 6 years. I was shocked. Really? Your grandmother is sick !
She asked me who I was and I told her just a friend . I didn't want to ruin his relationship so I lied because I thought he must in a twisted way really love her if he had to pretend his grandmother was on her death bed .

I felt betrayed. I remembered thinking are all men like that? 

He returned on a Sunday and begged for my forgiveness.  But I will keep the rest for another day.


What I learned is!

1.DO NOT SETTLE FOR THE FIRST PERSON WHO GIVES YOU ATTENTION. 

2.DO NOT BELIVE EVERYTHING THEY SAY ,LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK.

3.DON'T JUST GIVE YOUR TRUST TO ANYONE LET THEM EARN IT.

4.GO FOR SOMEONE YOU REALLY LIKE INSIDE AND OUT NOT WHAT POTENTIAL YOU THINK THEY MAY HAVE. OR WHAT YOU CAN TURN THEM INTO!!!!!!!
  

Comments

  1. You couldn't have explained it any better than that tbh. Great post can't wait to read more. Great topic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment